Another back burner project completed. Yes!
Wendy has been needing a raincoat forever, but since we didn't have any rain this summer, it really wasn't a priority. It was just one of those project that I had an idea about and today I finally got around to it. The monsoon that we had on Thursday kinda brought this project to the top of the list.
Using her winter coat as a pattern I made a lovely raincoat using a vintage shower curtain.
Wendy graciously volunteered to model.
I think it looks pretty sharp. I added a bit of interfacing to insulate and lined it with a very cute terrier print cotton.
Oh yeah, it reversible for those sunny days when Wendy is feeling sassy.
I've got a stash of vintage shower curtains and I'm thinkin' I might make a few more raincoats. A girl's got to have options.