Tomorrow my in-laws are arriving to begin our family christmas celebration. I am so not ready but come 5 pm tomorrow it is ready or not!
So I will mix these up with a few pictures I snapped today around the house of holiday decorations. I am really loving my husband’s new SLR camera! I haven’t a clue how to use it, other than to take an auto or close up shot. Neither one of us has had a moment to ready the manual and I really have got to figure out how to turn off the flash at least!
1) When my first daughter was born I declared "Santa comes down my chimney therefore I won’t be traveling at christmas time, but you are all welcome to come to my house and stay as long as you like". So every year now for 16 years my in-laws, each of my sister’s in law and now their families too come to my house for christmas. We have a raucous good time!
2) I introduced my husband’s family to one of my family’s traditions, stuffing the stocking. Each person puts a small gift in everyone else’s stocking. My in-laws have really run with this one and I have to keep making bigger stockings every year! They are over the top generous!
3) Christmas morning after the presents have been opened I make eggs benedict for everyone and we wash it down with mimosas. Yummmm!
4) This time of year I play christmas cd’s in my car all the time. Drives my kids a little nuts.
5) My heart gets all tachy and I break out in a sweat when I find a box of vintage shiny brites at the thrift store for $0.75!
6) I put a christmas tree in almost every room of my house.
7) My husband and I grew up during the moon landing years and he is especially fond of NASA and those memories. So I decorate a "space" tree every year for him. I have collected many NASA and astronaut related ornaments just for that tree.
8) I love to cruise neighborhoods at night just to see everyone’s christmas lights.
9) I think christmas lights should be multi-colored. When I was a kid they didn’t sell strands of white lights!
10) I go through yards and yards of ribbon at wrapping time. I make my own bows for every package, I really don’t like those bags of bows that you stick on, yuk!
11) Christmas Vacation and Home Alone are required viewing at this time of year.
12) I love eggnog, pass the grand marnier please!
OK, that was pretty silly.
I’m going to leave you with a link to a new Etsy shop for Sophie the Pearl. Carol Rose just opened her shop and she promises to have it stocked with lots of goodies soon so check it out.